Wednesday 23 November 2016

A Great War Review

Written By George Fairhust

A review?  
Alright, put away your sparklers and stop with the “waaaaaaays” of enjoyment as I have decided to write a review after stating I would focus on news. For those wondering what the hell has happened, it’s that there is a big piece coming that will be a little more serious as it has made me livider than a UKIP Party candidate (You know who I’m referencing). So whilst I’m getting the editing done and wording it to capture how utterly narked I am, I thought I would bring something to light that deserves attention in the form of a review? I’m not too sure what this is as I’m not rating it, I’m simply making it clear I love this.


So what is this thing that is so worth being reviewed and given a certificate of approval more worthless than a high school attendance certificate? For a person as bitter as me -no, seriously it’s difficult to find some things that I like as I have the rather negative temperance to find fault with a lot of things in life, i.e whatever music someone blithering fool has spent £2 putting on that wretched Juke Box we have in the SU. As for films, I really don’t have greatest opinions. Yeah, that film was good. Go watch it. That’s about the extent you’d get from me. So what the hell is this thing then that I’ve decided to burden your eyes with? Well, it is a channel on YouTube.
No, please! STAY!
Alright, I get that YouTube isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. In fact, it is slowly becoming no ones with the creators being as unoriginal as whatever drivel the cinema seems to be telling us is the new “Dystopian film”. Anyway, back to this channel. It’s a little bit different to your generic, commentary channel or prank channel that has the entertainment value of a burning garden shed. This is a channel dedicated by a team of historians and funded through Patreon to give the audience a view on a global conflict that resulted in the deaths of millions and had one of the worst genocides of all time, started by a German/Austrian idiot that invaded a country that had done nothing wrong.
World War 1.
Now whilst many may think of World War 1 as this black and white conflict that Blackadder summed up in its final season, this channel actually makes that reality look as charming as a West Anglian country village. The trenches were horrible; the rest of the war was worse. Now, this channel is beginning to sound like the History Channel back when it got a hard on over anything that had a pro American conflict theme. Except for its format that has the unique presentation equivalent to the first time someone thought of presenting the News with footage. It presents the war as if it were all happening now as they post a weekly update every Thursday telling the audience which confounded moron led thousands to a mass slaughter this week, or which front was about to be assaulted for whatever reason. It’s fascinating to say the least for someone who always found the First World War as the dawn of the modern age and an actual war which never really had a right side to be on given that all sides were a little more than brutish to each other.
The channel details events that you probably never would have thought to be in the First World War, Desert charges with Cavalry and the defeat of the Russian army in Iraq. Also given the EA push to make World War 1 their new thing with the release of Battlefield 1, suddenly World War One looks more attractive now that we’ve dispelled this notion that it’s untouchable. One Hundred years ago deserves to be remembered and this channel accurately and entertainingly brings you the full horrors of the world’s first gas attack actually killing the soldiers who used it rather than the enemy or fronts that are seldom talked about, like the Salonika front where the armies of five nations fought with tenacity against the full force of the Bulgarian Military whilst staying in Greece illegally. So go out and see what one hundred years ago was happening and see how it shaped the world today.

Now if you excuse me, I have to go back to drowning myself in a bathtub of leaked emails from a certain someone. Tootle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment