Sunday 1 May 2016

Gotham Series 2 Review So Far

Spoilers, ofc.

We’re god-knows-how-many episodes into the second series (and in my opinion, the best series) of Gotham, and already I'm blown away by the dark, creepy and oddly satisfying gore and action and plot and characters and god this show is good.

 



I mean, after becoming strangely attached to the character of Jerome as soon as we saw him in that oddly food-free lunch hall in Arkham, I couldn't stop watching. (I think it was a lunch hall, it might have just been a common room, who knows. I didn’t see anybody wearing any lanyards though.) So you can imagine my dismay when the poor ginger bugger gone gotten deaded at the end of episode three. EPISODE THREE. He was the gem in the whole program so I, along with, I
suspect, many other people, are expecting 'the Joker's' resurrection any time soon. And while the pallid death face with the blood leakage resulting in a Joker-esque look kind-of made my little geek heart jump around in its hollow cage for a fleeting moment, I was still cursing at the TV gods and refraining from Googling the words 'gotham jerome back from dead'.

So I'm skipping over the hole in my heart and moving straight onto the other great development in the Gotham world - the Nygma/Kringle scenario. Now, I know how that one's going to end, not only because I know he's a crazy af, but also because some kind tumblr-folk also spoiled that one for me. But, violent deaths aside *cough*, I love the way Nygma's developed. And the use of the two-sides and the schizophrenic tick. But I'm sure my little geek heart won't be fully satisfied until I see that skinny bastard in a green suit and a bowler hat with some question marks flying about somewhere.
But I'm already bored of bloody Barbara and her 'sexy', 'Ooh, am I gonna punch you in the face? Or am I gonna make out with you?' little pouty-face. I hate you, Barbara. I mean, just die already. Although, I know you're not going to, because I'm aware of your comic history/future or whatever you want to call it. But, she should've been the one to get got in the neck, just saying.

So, who else is worth mentioning? Bruce is a'ight, loving the whole 'Secret Cave/ backroom' thing and his relationship with Alfred is pretty well-developed now so I'm interested to see where his story-line is going. More Selina please. Selina is goals. (Apart from the living on the street part, that ain't goals.) But the parkour is, buzzing to see Bruce do some parkour, that'll make my week. That guy whose name I can't remember, the 'I'm the hero Gotham needs' evil dude that ran for mayor and may or may not have got an umbrella shoved down his throat, is annoying. But he's doing a good job at being annoying so, I suppose, well done that man.
Penguin is amazing, as always. I'm glad Harvey's back, Harvey is like the better, beardy version of Jim. I just find myself constantly feeling sorry for him, like, for god’s sake, Jimmy, stop getting into stuff. OF COURSE, they were going to be at the charity ball you idiot, listen to your bird. Just grow the goddamn moustache and we can all get on with our lives.

(Quite proud of my photoshopping skills, ngl)
I miss Fish. I can't even remember what happened to her, but I miss her. Probably too busy boycotting the Oscars, god bless.


R.

No comments:

Post a Comment