Sunday 1 May 2016

Is Work Experience Worth It?

For someone who hasn’t done work experience in college yet, I’m constantly asking myself this question. I’m going to honest and say that I don’t really know what I’m going to when I ‘grow-up’ – for want of a better term – so when we were told that we had the opportunity to do work experience at the end of the college year, my mind kind of went blank.


I did – as all of year 11 in our school – work experience in the first two weeks of year 11. I really enjoyed being in that environment which was a serious relief, (can you imagine if I didn’t?) but I didn’t want to do that particular job even though I like the work I was doing.

Choosing work experience can be pretty tough because once you’re there you kind of have to stay for the entire time and if you choose wrong it can be pretty boring. Saying that, I think everyone should do it once, especially if you have no experience in a work environment.

For more information on Work Experience and advice on choosing a placement you can go to the page on Moodle or make an appointment with Jayne Ramskill (the Work Experience Co-ordinator).


(image provided by Rebecca)

No comments:

Post a Comment